Saturday, October 27, 2007

Renewal...


Photo by Nina Sabatino

Fall has always been my favorite time of year. I recently had a conversation with a friend who mentioned the concept of Fall being the beginning of the year instead of the end of the year as most of us are conditioned to accept it to be. We designate days and months and seasons as a way to count the passage of time, but is there really a beginning or end of the year? All things are incomplete.....we can designate our own beginnings and endings as they suit our individual experiences. My favorite outdoor experiences have always occurred in the Fall and so it represents for me a renewal of spirit and re-connecting with the earth and the power and awe of nature.
This renewal carries me through the long cold winter months until the warmth of Spring.

yes.... Fall is a new beginning

No comments: